Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Technology and Disibilities

Throughout this article there are examples of ways to make technology more user friendly and applicable to students with disabilities. According to this article technology can make even the most stubborn students more apt to learn and participate simply because technology appeals to such a wide range of student interests. Embedded within the article is a chart that lists and describes ways to combat different disabilities using technology; from ADHD, to BD, to the blind and deaf students. Using technology also works to motivate the 'normal' or students without disabilities because as it is apart of their everyday life as well.

I like the idea of incorporating technology into the physical education setting. Engaging students in new ways is always an important part of any teachers job. I feel as though games like Dance Dance Revolution, and music as well as Power Point presentations would do a great job of motivating students to remain active. I can see a Power Point presentation working well within a physical education setting. I think that it would be useful in posting the agenda and learning targets for everyone to see.


http://www.techlearning.com/db_area/archives/WCE/archives/dianesn1.php

No comments: