After reading this article I realized how easy it would be to incorporate podcasting into the classroom. This kind of integration allows for students to easily connect to the wide world around them. Students can easily perform interviews over the Internet using technology such as Skype or iChat. Those two programs are both free Internet phone services. What is also convenient about podcasting is that is fairly inexpensive; all that is required is, simply, a PC (an old one will work just fine), a $15-$20 microphone and a free editing program such as Audacity.
I think that podcasting would and can be a great addition to some classrooms. I don't necessarily see a use for it in the physical education setting, but perhaps within the English or social studies realm. I always think it is great when teachers find new ways to stimulate student learning.
http://www.edutopia.org/node/3949
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment